GPSC Prelims Video / Material
* Under Construction for Gpsc Prelims
1. Cultural Heritage of India and Gujarat: Art forms, Literature, Sculpture and Architecture.
2. Indian saint tradition and its impact on psyche of people.
3. Indian life style, Fairs, Festivals, Food, Costumes and Traditions.
4. Indian Music and its importance.
5. Gujarat’s Museums, Activities of Libraries, Cultural-Religious and Literary importance.
6. Language and dialects of Gujarat.
7. Gujarati Theatre: Drama, songs and different groups.
8. Life of Adivasi (Tribes): Festivals, Fair, Costumes, Rituals etc.
9. Gujarati Literature: Modes, Streams, Litterateurs, Literary work and Literary Organizations.
10. Pilgrimage and Tourist Places of Gujarat.
Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
General Mental Ability
10. Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M
11. Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss
13. Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids
14. Lines, angels and common geometrical figures – properties of transverse of parallel lines, properties of related to measure of sides of a triangles, Pythagoras theorem, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus
15. Introduction to algebra – BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols
16. Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, Probability
Indian Economy and Planning
Science and Technology
1. Science and Technology: Nature and Scope of Science & Technology;Relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life; National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation; Institutes and Organization in India promoting integration of Science, Technology and Innovation, their activities and contribution; Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
2. Information and Communication Technology (ICT): Nature and Scope of ICT; ICT in day to day life; ICT and Industry; ICT and Governance – Various government schemes promoting use of ICT, E-Governance programmes and services;
3. Technology in Space & Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme; Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) – it’s activities and achievements; Various Telecommunication, Satellite Indian Programmes Regional Navigation – Satellites Satellite for System (IRNSS), Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites; Satellites for defence, Eduset or Satellites for academic purposes; Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission and activities.
4. Energy Requirement and Efficiency: India’s existing energy needs and deficit; India’s Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India – Government Policies and Programmes.
5. Nuclear Policy of India and its commitment to the world: India’s Nuclear power programme; India’s nuclear cooperation with other countries; Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) and India; Nuclear weapons policy of India; Draft Nuclear Doctrine of India, Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), Fissile Material Cut off Treaty (FMCT), Conference on Disarmament (CD); Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) and India.
6. Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to environment; Its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the national and the international level; Biodiversity- its importance and concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment; Forest and Wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India; Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and Disaster management. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Nature, Scope and application, Ethical, Social, and Legal issues, Government Policies. Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life. Health & Environment.