GCERT Class 8 Social Science Semester 2 Chapter 5 Solution
Brief Information: This post contains the solution for Chapter 5 Revolutionaries in India of Class 8 Semester 2 of the Gujarat Board (GSEB) textbooks by GCERT.
Q.1 Answer the questions given below.
1. What was the vow taken by Vasudev Fadke?
Ans. Vasudev Fade took a vow of not applying Tilak on his forehead and not to cut his hair till he did not free India from the clutches of the Britishers.
2. Why was Khudiram Bose hanged?
Ans. Khudiram Bose was hanged for his attempt to kill Judge Kingsford by throwing bomb on his horse carriage. Judge Kingsford survived but it killed the wife and daughter of lawyer Kennedy.
3. Which book was written by Vir Sawarkar?
Ans. Vir Sarvarkar wrote book titled ‘1857: India’s first freedom struggle’.
4. How did Chandra Shekhar come to be known as ‘Azad’?
Ans. Chandra Shekhar was arrested for first time and taken to court. The Judge asked his name and he replied that his name is ‘Azad’, his father’s name is ‘freedom’ and residence is ‘prison’. After that he came to be known as ‘Azad’.
5. Who threw a bomb in the legislative assembly?
Ans.Bhagat Sinh and Batukeshwar Dutt threw a bomb in the legislative assembly on 8th April, 1928.
6. What activities were carried out by Shyamji Krushna Verma?
Ans. Shyamji Krushna Verma was pioneer in carrying out revolutionary activities abroad. It includes establishment of the ‘Indian Home Rule Society’ in London, naming its office located in house as ‘India House’, starting a magazine titled ‘Indian Sociologist’ and associating with other leaders like Vinayak Sawarkar, Lala Hardayal, Madanlal Dhingra, Sardar Singh Rana and Madam Cama.
Q.2 Identify me.
1. 1. I used to topple the boats carrying salt. – Khudiram Bose
2. I established an institution – ‘Mitramela’. – Vir Savarkar
3. I prevented the attack on ‘Arya Samaj’ temple. – Ashfaq Ullah Khan
4. It’s my vow that “I will never be caught alive”. – Chandra Shekhar Azad
5. I established ‘Indian Home Rule Society’. – Shyamji Krushna Verma
Q.3 Write a short note on the following.
1. Vir Sawarkar
2. Vir Bhagat Singh
3. Chandra Shekhar Azad
4. Shyamji Krushna Verma