CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 - Chemical Thermodynamics
Brief Information: This chemistry class 11 chapter 6 helps with the concepts of various systems and their different types. There is also discussion provided about the surroundings in the form of heat, work, energy, intensive and extensive properties, and state functions. There is a discussion about the first law of thermodynamics in this chapter. It involves the enthalpy and internal energy, specific heat, heat capacity, measurement of heat, etc.
- Concepts of System and types of systems, surroundings, work, heat, energy, extensive and intensive properties, state functions.
- First law of thermodynamics -internal energy and enthalpy, measurement of U and H, Hess’s law of constant heat summation, enthalpy of bond dissociation, combustion, formation, atomization, sublimation, phase transition, ionization, solution and dilution.
- Second law of Thermodynamics
- Introduction of entropy as a state function
- Gibb’s energy change for spontaneous and non-spontaneous processes.
- Third law of thermodynamics
Watch the video given below for understanding NCERT CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 – Chemical Thermodynamics explanation in Hindi (for easy and better understanding)
CBSE Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 – Chemical Thermodynamics